Creating quality content on Amazon is critical to a brand’s success and will influence your activity in two key ways:
- the ranking of your products in Amazon search: The search algorithm is fundamental to how Amazon works. Indeed, 90% of purchases on the platform begin with a search. The first key to success on Amazon is that your products are taken into account by this algorithm and are referenced in search results.
- the conversion rate: Users are sensitive to the quality of the product page content, which should reflect the product quality. Detailed descriptions, images and comments are vital assets for convincing visitors to go ahead with their purchases.
How do you create Amazon adapted content?
At Artefact, we take the below cycle as our roadmap, focusing on a number of indicators that our proprietary tools allow us to monitor:
1/ Be Impossible to miss
Your brand must appear among the first search results (only 28% of users move on to the second page). To optimise your organic listing, the Amazon algorithm takes several factors into account:
- the relevance of the product, based on its match with the key search words entered, sales history, availability, but also secondary factors such as the number and quality of images and comments, advertising etc.
- the textual content of your product page, which mainly influences the algorithm’s “relevance” factor. As a result, it is important to make the main keywords appear in strategic places such as the title of your product page (which should comprise the brand, model, category and the product’s key features) but also the hidden keywords. However, be careful not to fall into the “keyword stuffing” trap: Amazon penalises the artificial repetition of keywords, so it is important to vary the vocabulary chosen.
2/ Be Convincing
Quality content should go beyond simple optimisation of Amazon referencing. In our experience, an optimised product page increases the conversion rate of each visit by between 1.5 and 2 times. In addition to the title’s higher viewing, different content will help you to convince your visitors:
- the product description is its identity card. It must give a detailed description of the product. To create an effective description, select between five and seven features that you want to communicate to your potential clients. Write them clearly and concisely using bullet points while incorporating keywords that you have not already mentioned in the title.
- images and videos are obviously the most influential part of the product page. Effectively, they allow the visitor to discover the reality of the product, thereby limiting the risk of disappointment after the purchase. Therefore, opt for the maximum number of pictures and include lifestyle images to reinforce the brand’s message. Quality photos are essential because they reflect the product’s value in the minds of potential customers. The addition of an advertising or product video is also a key asset when it comes to convincing the visitor. In fact, it is the most effective way to attract attention and enable the values and quality of the brand to be conveyed.
- the A+/A+ Premium content, which appears when you scroll down the product page. It allows the user to be immersed in the brand and view other available products. It is also a chance for you to underline what sets you apart, to emphasise your values and to present similar products. According to a 2018 Amazon study, there is an average increase in sales of 20.2% on pages which have added A+ Premium content (paid) compared to a 5.6% increase for pages adding A+ content (free).
3/ Be Recommendable
The final point is to convert a potential customer through giving them access to the feedback of others, particularly with:
- detailed comments about your product page, giving the consumer reassurance of the product’s quality. Amazon’s guidelines state that optimal product page recognition is based on 15 comments. Furthermore, there is a 65% increase in the conversion rate for a product page that moves from 0 comments to just 1 comment.
- the average mark awarded by purchasers, which endorses the product’s quality. Aim for 4 stars out of 5.
In order to generate engagement on your product pages, use the Amazon Vine programme or run promotions which will allow you to increase sales and therefore the number of comments left by purchasers.
Product page content is inextricably linked to brand success on Amazon. It influences both referencing and product visibility in search results, and helps convert users during their visits. The increase in sales in turn drives an increase in the number of comments, therefore boosting the persuasive force and visibility of your brand by Amazon’s algorithm. It is therefore the activation – or not – of this cycle that plays a vital role in your product’s success on the platform.
Amazon’s growth represents an enormous opportunity for your brand. To help you manage and develop your activity on Amazon, Artefact has specially developed a complete service offering based on the marriage of human expertise and a dedicated tool – Artefact Retail Suite. From the launch of a brand to its development, our teams can accompany you whatever the stage of the brand’s journey!
Do you want to know more? Please write to our experts at email@example.com. Out team will be more than happy to answer all your questions and to carry out an audit of your brand.